Unable to expand existing LUN due to value-added feature such as snapshot, remote replication, clone, LUN copy, HyperMirror and SmartMigration.
1. Collecting operating log from customer and analyse possible fault that occur.
2. Check whether any value added feature exist in the LUN.
Snapshot ID found in the LUN that wants to be expanded. However, unable to remove the snapshot ID due to the lack of snapshot license. Customer might have used snapshot feature during their trial license period where all features are enabled by default. Current customer license does not comes with snapshot therefore unable to proceed with any snapshot commands such as removing.
1. We will need to back up customer current license.
2. Apply for a temporary license with snapshot feature enable on the device.
3. Remove the snapshot ID that exist.
4. Restore customer previous license.
5. Expansion of LUN is success.
Ensure that all value added features are removed if the permanent license that customer is buying does not include them. Otherwise, it may affect the modification to the features that has no license on the device will not be allowed unless license is purchased or there will be need to apply temporary license to resolve.