The customer wants to have the following configuration :
1. The network topology/scenario to implement – 1gbs Trunk Point to point with OLT connected to an off location router
2. The software version of the MA5608T that you use : V800R017
3. Type of services that he wants to configure:
We support remotely logging on ONT via OLT through Telnet, but once you are in ONT there are no commands to apply in order to set Wi-Fi or L3 bridge services.
The only ways to set Wi-Fi parameters on ONT are the two solutions
1) Remotely via U2000
2) Locally via Web Page
Steps to follow:
1. Configure an ONT general VAS profile.
a. From the main menu, choose Configuration-> Access Profile Management. In the navigation tree of the tab page that is displayed, choose PON Profile > ONT VAS Profile.
b. On the General ONT VAS Profile tab page, right-click, and choose Add from the shortcut menu.
c. In the dialog box that is displayed, set Name to ONT.
d. Configure static WAN parameters.
In the navigation tree, choose General Para -> WAN Device -> WAN Device 1 -> WAN Connection. Select WAN Connection,
right-click, and choose Add IP Connection from the shortcut menu. Select WAN IP Interface1 and add a static WAN interface.
- Set WAN Enable to Enable.
- Set Connection Type to Routed.
- Set Vlan ID the same as the
- CVLAN ID of the traffic streams configured on the OLT.
- Set Addressing Type to Static.
2. Bind a general VAS profile.
- In the Physical Map navigation tree on the Main Topology tab page, double-click the target OLT, or select the target OLT, right-click, and choose NE Explorer.
- In the navigation tree, choose GPON > GPON Management.- In the window on the right, choose GPON ONU.
3. Configure the ONT VAS.
- On the GPON ONU tab page, select an ONT, right-click, and choose Value-Added Service > Configure Value-Added Service from the shortcut menu.
- Click the Basic Parameters tab in the dialog box that is displayed, select WAN Port and setIP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway.
- Click OK. The configurations take effect without the requirement of resetting the ONT.Result:
LAN IP address and subnet mask
User name and password
§ User name: telecomadmin
§ Password: admintelecom
IP address and subnet mask of the PC
Configure the IP address of the PC to be in the same subnet as the LAN
Via SNMP or TR069 you can configure all the layer properties on these modems. The most used ONT remote configuration methods are via U2000 and WEB.
As an alternative solution, we recommend also TR069 over OMCI. This solution allows an Auto-Configuration Server (ACS) to manage all the terminals on the network, locate faults, provide services, and collect performance statistics. Based on SNMP and TR069, this solution allows the ACS to manage home terminals in a unified manner, reducing O&M costs. TR069 automatically implements ONT configuration, dynamically provisions services, remotely locates faults, and rapidly collects terminal statistics.
The figure blow shows the general principles of the OMCI+TR069 solution:
1.The OSS issues service configuration parameters to the U2000 using the TL1 NBI.
2.The U2000 manages the OLT using SNMP.
3.The OLT issues PON link layer configuration to the ONT using OMCI.
4.The ONT returns execution results to the OLT. Then the IP channel is set up.
5.The ONT registers with the ACS.
6.The ACS encapsulates user information in a TR069-compliant format and sends it to
the ONT through the IP channel. The user information includes operations,
maintenance items, and queries performed by a user. The IP channel is
Advantage of OMCI+TR069 solution:
- An OLT version and an ONT version are not bound to each other. In other words, an OLT upgrade does not require an ONT upgrade; the opposite is also true. TR069 provides an enhanced definition and deployment scenario for the IP based customer premises equipment (CPE) service management model. Therefore, ONT vendors can easily deploy new gateway and voice services.
Disadvantage of OMCI+TR069 solution:
- TR069 is based on the IP protocol and requires an extra IP management network. Different interfaces are used to manage the ONT. The network management system (NMS) manages the link layer and the ACS manages IP-based services.