The ways to set Wi-Fi parameters on ONT are the two solutions
1) Remotely via U2000
2) Locally via Web Page
Steps to follow:
1. Configure an ONT general VAS profile.
a. From the main menu, choose Configuration-> Access Profile Management. In the navigation tree of the tab page that is displayed, choose PON Profile > ONT VAS Profile.
b. On the General ONT VAS Profile tab page, right-click, and choose Add from the shortcut menu.
c. In the dialog box that is displayed, set Name to ONT.
d. Configure static WAN parameters.
In the navigation tree, choose General Para -> WAN Device -> WAN Device 1 -> WAN Connection. Select WAN Connection,
right-click, and choose Add IP Connection from the shortcut menu. Select WAN IP Interface1 and add a static WAN interface.
- Set WAN Enable to Enable.
- Set Connection Type to Routed.
- Set Vlan ID the same as the
- CVLAN ID of the traffic streams configured on the OLT.
- Set Addressing Type to Static.
- Click Next.
In the dialog box that is displayed, set vendor ID to HWTC, Terminal Type to General Type, and Version to V1R003C00-ZZ, click Add.
- In the dialog box that is displayed, choose General Type Config Info > WAN Device > WAN Device 1 > WAN Connection > WAN Connection 1 > WAN IP Interface > WAN IP Interface 1, set WAN Interface Name to ONT and Service Type to INTERNET.
- Enable the access rights on the WAN.
- In the navigation tree, choose General Type Config Info > Security > ACL Services. On the right pane, set HTTP WAN Enables to enable.
- Click OK.
2. Bind a general VAS profile.
- In the Physical Map navigation tree on the Main Topology tab page, double-click the target OLT, or select the target OLT, right-click, and choose NE Explorer.
- In the navigation tree, choose GPON > GPON Management.
- In the window on the right, choose GPON ONU.
- On the GPON ONU tab page, set the search criteria to find the GPON ONU records.
- Select an ONT from the list, right-click, and choose Value-Added Service > Bind General VAS Profile from the shortcut menu. In the dialog box that is displayed, select the created profile, and click OK to complete profile binding.
3. Configure the ONT VAS.
- On the GPON ONU tab page, select an ONT, right-click, and choose Value-Added Service > Configure Value-Added Service from the shortcut menu.
- Click the Basic Parameters tab in the dialog box that is displayed, select WAN Port and setIP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway.
- Click OK. The configurations take effect without the requirement of resetting the ONT.
Enter the configured static IP address in the address bar of the Internet Explorer. The login Web page is displayed. Enter the user name and password. The configuration page is displayed.
In order to configure the wifi and other layer 3 settings in the modem, you can login to the HG8245H using this IP address:
LAN IP address
and subnet mask
User name and
§ User name:XXXX
§ Password: XXXX
IP address and
subnet mask of the PC
Configure the IP
address of the PC to be in the same subnet as the LAN
IP address of the ONT.
Via SNMP or TR069 you can configure all the layer properties on these modems. The most used ONT remote configuration methods are via U2000 and WEB.
As an alternative solution, we recommend also TR069 over OMCI. This solution allows an Auto-Configuration Server (ACS) to manage all the terminals on the network, locate faults, provide services, and collect performance statistics. Based on SNMP and TR069, this solution allows the ACS to manage home terminals in a unified manner, reducing O&M costs. TR069 automatically implements ONT configuration, dynamically provisions services, remotely locates faults, and rapidly collects terminal statistics.
The figure blow shows the general principles of the OMCI+TR069 solution:
This solution allows the U2000 to manage the OLT using SNMP, manage voice and Layer 3 services using TR069, and manage PON link layer using OMCI.
1.The OSS issues service configuration parameters to the U2000 using the TL1 NBI.
2.The U2000 manages the OLT using SNMP.
3.The OLT issues PON link layer configuration to the ONT using OMCI.
4.The ONT returns execution results to the OLT. Then the IP channel is set up.
5.The ONT registers with the ACS.
6.The ACS encapsulates user information in a TR069-compliant format and sends it to
the ONT through the IP channel. The user information includes operations,
maintenance items, and queries performed by a user. The IP channel is
Advantage of OMCI+TR069 solution:
- An OLT version and an ONT version are not bound to each other. In other words, an OLT upgrade does not require an ONT upgrade; the opposite is also true. TR069 provides an enhanced definition and deployment scenario for the IP based customer premises equipment (CPE) service management model. Therefore, ONT vendors can easily deploy new gateway and voice services.
Disadvantage of OMCI+TR069 solution:
- TR069 is based on the IP protocol and requires an extra IP management network. Different interfaces are used to manage the ONT. The network management system (NMS) manages the link layer and the ACS manages IP-based services.