This KB's role is to help you identify the possible causes or issues and how to troubleshoot a non-functional Remote Controller for TE X0 / DP300 / VP 9000 Series.
List of issues that could occur:
1. The remote controlled UI is hidden
Solution: Press & hold the Home button on the remote controller for at least 20 seconds in order to display the remote controlled UI onto the display.
2. The device does not seem to respond to the remote controller button pressed operations
Solution a: try to change the batteries
Solution b: try to block (curtains) the bright light sources, like powerful lamps or sun rays as are known to interfere with the IR signals of the remote controllers
Solution c: test if the remote controller is sending the IR signals or not:
- Use a smart phone to start the camera and set it on “Selfie mode” (the smart phone must be any android phone, but not iPhone because iPhone does not recognize IR signals).
- Grab the Remote Controller and point it to the phone’s camera and press any buttons and after that press the faulty buttons.
- If the IR purple light is visible that means that the remote control is working fine, if the purple light from the IR is not visible that means that the remote is faulty and should be changed/repalced. (Attached is a short representative video)