It’s a maintenance project XX in XX country,customer used NetEco6000 V600R007C60SPC510. Customer reported PUE display from normal value to 3 from 2017.12.31(normal value of PUE should be between 1~3)
PUE = Total active energy (kWh)/ IT active energy (kWh)
According to the equation, there are two possibilities cause PUE to be 3
1. Total active energy goes up to be a huge value.
2. IT active energy drop down to be a small value.
We can go to check the real data of total/IT energy.
1. We checked the historical energy in PUE. Route: Performance – Energy Analysis – Historical Energy. Customer reported his PUE changed in afternoon 2017/12/31, so we queried the time from 14:00 to 18:00 on that day. It showed the IT equipment consumption dropped down between 16:00 pm and 17:00 pm.
2. IT consumption dropped down, there are 2 possibilities
1) Real IT device powered off/decrease. Customer went to check all the IT devices run well. So it’s not power off/decrease issue.
2) IT consumption data of NetEco was changed.
- We go to check the operation log of NetEco (check what happened on that day). Route: system – log management – operation logs. Querying that time, we found Customer deleted 4 counters of AC PDF-1 power meter with account name NOCagent at 2017/12/31 16:33:24 pm. Customer deleted input N wire current, input Frequency, input N-PE Voltage and input Active Energy, all counters belong to AC PDF 1 power-meter.
- We checked power distribution system, route: Monitor – Power Distribution system. We
found customer configured AC PDF 1 power meter.
So in this project, the PUE= Total input active energy / (AC PDF 1 input active energy + AC PDF 2 input active energy), but customer delete input active energy counter of AC PDF 1, it caused PUE to be abnormal.
For this project, PUE = Total input active energy / (AC PDF 1 input active energy + AC PDF 2 input active energy)
Customer deleted the counter collection of AC PDF 1 power meter caused PUE to be 3.
1.Add the counter (input active energy) collection of AC PDF 1 power meter. Route: Monitor – Counter Subscribe – Create.
2. Confirm data collection status is normal. Route: Monitor – Real time signal
3. After 1 hour, check if PUE value is normal. Because PUE calculate consumption for each hour, so we need to wait for one hour and check after changing any counter.