It’s a FusionModule1000C, there are 4 containers (Power 1, Power 2, NOC and IT). This project configured 3C standard extinguishing system. Customer reported that there are some alarms on extinguishing system control panel.
- ZONE2 TOUBLE (Power Container 1)
- ZONE1 TROUBLE (NOC Container)
- ZONE2 FIRE (NOC Container)
1. Extinguishing system basic logic.
- There are 2 kinds of extinguishing startup methods, automatic startup, manual/emergency startup.
- In automatic startup mode, after sensors detect both smoke and heat, then go to 30s count, next trigger gas release.
- In manual/emergency startup mode, after onsite engineer found fire and press start button, then go to 30s count, next trigger gas release.
2. Extinguishing control panel recognize.
- There are CE standard version and 3C standard version. For 3C standard extinguishing, we have 1 area version and 4 areas version. Usually, if there are many rooms, we use 4 areas version, and each area is for each room. For CE standard version, there is only 1 area.
- ZONE means a circuit loop. In CE control panel, there are ZONE1, ZONE2 and ZONE3. In 3C control panel, there are ZONE1 and ZONE2. We can define which ZONE (circuit loop) detect smoke and which ZONE (circuit loop) detect heat in factory.
- In each ZONE, there are two indicators, Fire indicator and TROULBE indicator.
1) Fire indicator light on logic. There are two possibilities caused Fire indicator light on.
a. Sensor detect real smoke/heat.
b. Smoke/heat detector fault.
Note: After clearing smoke/hear situation, we need to clear alarm indicator on control panel manually. Step is press button KEY ON/OFF - MINUTE – SYSTEM RESET, one by one.
2) TROUBLE indicator light on logic. When smoke/heat detector circuit system is abnormal, TROUBLE indicator would light on. In this system, there are 4 possibilities cause circuit faulty.
a. Resistance is burnt.
b. Sensor is faulty.
c. Terminal connection loosen.
d. Connection cable is faulty.
e. Extinguishing controller mainboard is faulty or has water/dust.
Note: After resolving circuit faulty issue, indicator on control panel would disappear automatically.
3. Now let’s focus on this project FusionModule1000C.
- Customer have 4 contains totally, Power container 1, power container 2, NOC container and IT container. This project configured 3C standard extinguishing control board. So Area1 monitor power container 1, Area2 monitor power container 2, Area3 monitor NOC container and Area4 monitor IT container.
- According to user manual, this project XXX defined ZONE1 is heat detection system, ZONE2 is smoke detection system. So ZONE1 connected heat sensors, and ZONE2 connected smoke sensors.
- According to the Panel indicator onsite. We can locate faulty in Power container 1 and NOC container.
1) ZONE2 TROUBLE (Power Container 1) - Smoke detection system
2) ZONE1 TROUBLE (NOC Container) - Heat detection system
3) ZONE2 FIRE (NOC Container) – Detect any smoke
- Now troubleshooting. Check possibilities from simple to difficult.
1) Smoke detection system in Power Container 1.
a. We firstly check the resistance, it’s burnt. After replacing the resistance, ZONE2 TROUBLE (power container 1) indicator light off automatically.
2) Heat detection system in NOC Container.
a. We firstly check the resistance, it’s burnt. After replacing the resistance, ZONE1 TROUBLE (NOC container) indicator light off automatically.
3) Smoke sensor detect any smoke in NOC Container.
a. We firstly check the environment in NOC, there is no smoke. We check each three smoke sensor, they all are clean, no dust on them.
b. We start to short circuit smoke sensor one by one.
- When we finished #1 smoke sensor short circuit, then go to clear alarm manually on control panel, alarm still be there, so #1 smoke sensor is normal
- We continue to dismantle #2 smoke sensor, there is any water in it. We cleaned the water and go to clear alarm manually, we failed again. Then we short circuit point 2&3 of this # 2 smoke sensor, then clear alarm manually, it succeed, that means #2 smoke sensor is broken. After replacing this smoke sensor, this ZONE2 FIRE indicator didn’t light on.
4. Handling process summary of this project recall.
1) Resistance of smoke detection system in Power container 1 is burnt.
2) Resistance of heat detection system in NOC container is burnt.
3) #2 smoke sensor in NOC container was faulty by water come from interlayer.
1. We replaced the two resistances, ZONE TROUBLE indicator never light on. Resistance is 10k ohm, 10%, 1/2 watt.
2. We replaced #2 smoke sensor in NOC container, ZONE FIRE indicator never light on.
1. Water let smoke sensor faulty. In order to ensure no water come to sensor cause the mistaken alarm, we need to confirm where water come from and prevent it.
1) We checked place around sensors on roof, there is no condensate water, so water didn’t generate indoor.
2) We checked there is a hole up each sensor on roof, it’s for cable go through. It’s most possible water come down from the cable. We advised customer to check and seal all the holes with cement.
3) There are only two possibilities water generate in interlayer of container.
a. Rain come into interlayer through outside surface of container, so we asked customer to check if there is any broken surface or not. If yes, kindly fixed with metal panel and paint it.
b. Condensate water generate in interlayer itself. In winter, air in interlayer meet cold wall which cooled by cold weather, condensate water would generate and remain in interlayer. For this issue, we only seal the hole is ok.