What is the meaning of the following parameter: “Improved RSSI threshold’?
1. If the RSSI of STA is lower than Forced Switching RSSI Threshold, it is mandatory to kick the STA offline, allowing STA independent re-select the AP.
2. If the RSSI of STA is lower than Low Rssi Threshold, the roaming decision is triggered to begin to detect whether there is a better AP. And on the basis of decision are:
- If there is an alternative AP with a RSSI higher than High Rssi Threshold, it is suggested that STA switch to the AP.
- If there is an alternative AP that is higher than the current service AP to Improved Rssi Threshold, it is suggested that STA switch to the AP.
- Otherwise, do not switch.