The topology is AR161 direct connect to AR1220, assume the ip is 10.10.10.1/30 on AR161, ip 10.10.10.2/30 on AR1220. From AR1220 can ping 10.10.10.1, but from AR161 can't ping 10.10.10.1.
1. check the ARP table, both router can learn the peer mac address;
2. check the acl ,do not configure any acl deny the peer ip;
3. check the block resource and find that the free block is zero.
[AR1220-diagnose]display block pool info
CAP_MSS_MEM Block Pool information:
Start Address: 0x46a00000
Pool ID : 3
Page Size : 131072
Page Num : 289
Free Page Num : 0
First Free Page: 0x49f20000
4. check the acl/ routing-table/ fast forwarding table/session table, find that the fast forwarding table is very big and cost most of block resource.
display acl all
display session number
display session all
display ip fast-forwarding table number
display ip fast-forwarding table
display ip routing-table statistics
display ip routing-table
5. remove some business from the router, and make the block memory resource have surplus.
6. configure taffic policy filter some useless session;
Exhausted block memory resources
reduce the business or clear the tables, make the block resource is enough.
1. remove some business from the router, and make the block memory resource have surplus.
2. configure taffic policy filter some useless session;
when find the block memory resource is not enough, check which table or feature cost the block memory, and then analyze the table whether normally, if which table is abnormal, Make an in-depth analysis of that table.