Alarm BD_AT_LOWPOWER is active on GSCC.
In the alarm description we may identify that the source code of the alarm indicated board 7, N3EGS4 card.
For the OSN3500 NE and N4EGS4 Ethernet board, the front panel of the N4EGS4 Ethernet board discovered that the board entered a low-power state and reported the BD_AT_LOWPOWER alarm.
1. Check the power consumption status of the NE. Use the cfg-get-powerinfo command to find that the physical power consumption reported on the fault board is actually 0. This is the direct cause of the low power consumption of the host reporting board. The analysis may be single. The board does not correctly report power consumption data.
Checked the database,
2, Use: mon-get-taskstack: bid, "tIPWMng" command to query, found that the intelligent power management module "tPWMng" actually does not load, without this module board can not correctly report the power consumption data.
collected next log files:
3. The analysis code finds that the N4EGS4 board will not load the intelligent power management module if a soft reset occurs. In this way, the host will not query the power consumption data when inquired. Therefore, the host will report a low power consumption alarm.
4. In the history we could identify an abnormal reset on GSCC board. To be sure if the GSCC are working properly we performed an active/standby switch on GSCC board (IU17/ IU18), through navigator use command: hsc-prot-switch:9,force;
5. Check the board reset record by running following command: ":errlog". To verify if the alarm cleared or came back.
6. If the alarm is back, please reset the board on IU7 EGS4. In our case the alarm cleared after IU7 reset.
The abnormal rest on GSCC, generated the BD_LOWPOWER which is an alarm indicating that the board works in the low power consumption state. This alarm occurs when the board works in the low power consumption state.
1. Performed an active/standby switch on GSCC board (IU17/ IU18). After the main control board was reset, appeared the LOWPOWER alarm, because the power of the main control board to collect slot7 is 0.
2. After the GSCC issue was fixed, we need to reset 7-EGS4 board.
1. Use the correct match version between board and NE.
2. NE version has a specific functions and features that support only board software that match with NE. Otherwise, it will trigger some misinformation alarm.