Assuming we have a basic user, new extension number 5000 configured on a U1981.
We have registered this number with CFU to an external mobile number. When an internal party calls to 5000, the forwarding is being done. However, when an external party calls to 5000, the forwarding is not working.
1. Verified if the forwarding is done correctly
2. Collected the debug logs and analyzed what is happening when the external call is trying to be forwarded:
- based on the collected logs there was a permission missmatch between the trunkgroup and prefix.
2. Change the group trunk feature:
config modify trunkgroup no 703 restrict yes outgoingright inter&local&cus32&ddd&cus1
3. Retried and the issue was no longer persistent.
VerifiedThe forwarding was not possible because of the trunk restriction on which the external calls where coming in.
Changed the trunk priority.