Fault symptom: ECC500 communication failure with Neteco soon after establishing successful communication
Version Info: ECC500V6
Network Overview : Below is a typical 6nos. ECC500 installed in the network.
On the Neteco Current Alarm Page, will see the following alarm message:
ECC500 communication abnormal
Note: This situation is during the commissioning of the data center facility in a customer site.
1. Check to ensure all ECC500 assigned IP addresses are not in conflict with each other or with other devices in the network.
2. Unplugged all 6nos. ECC500.
3. Commissioned one ECC500 at a time.
4. Upon commissioning the 4th ECC500, one of the already-connected ECC500 became Offline.
5. Contacted R&D to assist in troubleshooting the problem.
1. R&D checked and found that more than 1no. ECC500 engine ID is in conflict with another unit. Every ECC500 device is assigned with a unique engine ID.
2. R&D provided a software tool to re-generate a new engine ID for the affected ECC500. The software tool generates a random engine ID. After generating, the ECC500 will be re-commissioned into the network and observe whether the problem has disappeared.
3. The problem has been resolved after a short observation time. If there are still repeated engine ID in the network, the problem will surface within a few minutes.
The root problem arises from the random generation of engine ID in each ECC500 without checking during the production phase.
1. The method of generating an engine ID must be strengthened during production.
2. A full-proof checking to prevent repeated ID being generated must be in place.