Customer is having issues with a SIP trunk being in Faulty state.
- Check the trunks status and as the picture provided the status was in faulty
- Check the setting of another SIP trunk, it was active because heartbeat is disable
- Confirm the protocol is UDP and remote is 5062
- Enable the heartbeat and test, everything is normal. Status are active as follows:
- After disconnecting from the remote session with the client, the SIP trunk was again in Faulty state.
- Check the trunks status in both webpage and LMT to confirm that it’s showing the information correctly
- Capture debug logs for SIP trunk, can find U19 and the other IP PBX can communicate with each other, this means that the network should be ok.
- Use command “show tkc office no 1 ”to check if sip trunk is down, found the state is IDLE instead of “faulty"
- Disable the heartbeat parameter, and “show tkc office no 1 ”, some of them are busy
- Use command “show current call information” can find there are three calls for faulty sip trunk
- Trying to troubleshot busy issues, we found it that the trunk fault state recovered
1. When “heartbeat” wasn’t enable, the status will shows faulty but it doesn’t mean faulty in this situation since U19 will not send heartbeat message to detect. This is means unknown state as below picture output after inserting the “show peercomponent” command:
2. when enable heartbeat, it will not take effect immediately and during that period, the sip trunk will show as “ IN service” and” OK” as the network is reachable. However, if remote side doesn’t support “heartbeat”, it will shows faulty after “heartBeatPeriod(s) * Try times before faulty”. During test, we didn’t notice the try times is 7. So after 120s*7=14mins, it shows faulty again.
3. Remote side doesn’t support heartbeat will make sip trunk faulty and stop the services, that’s why the service to the other IP PBX in Master node is impossible
4. After disabling the heartbeat and sip trunk is working again