Publication Date: 2019-07-09 | Views: 1520 | Downloads: 0 | Author: v84083177 | Document ID: EKB1001924851
Client want to switch users for DHCP L2 with option82. After they enabled option82 the end users does not get IP.
VERSION : MA5600V800R017C10PATCH : SPH202
2. Make sure that after you configured the OLT, to open Option82 in ONT
huawei(config)#raio-mode user-defined dhcp-option82 huawei(config)#raio-format dhcp-option82 cid eth anid eth frame/slot/subslot/port:vlanid huawei(config)#raio-format dhcp-option82 cid xpon anid xpon frame/slot/subslot/port:ontid.vlanid huawei(config)#raio-format dhcp-option82 rid eth splabel huawei(config)#raio-format dhcp-option82 rid xpon splabel huawei(config)#dhcp option82 enable
From the display information, we found that the OLT -> ONT configuration is ok.
4. During the checking we identify that DHCP L2 is sending the Discover packet, but is not receiving the DHCP reply.
5. Trace the peer side of OLT uplink port on DHCP server and we identify that no packets are received (Wireshark)
6. Client need to check the configuration on Cisco router, in order to allow packets from DHCP option82 to pass.
Competitor by default is not accepting DHCP Discovers which already has option 82 parameters.
Competitor is dropping them, so you have to configure: ip dhcp relay information trusted to allow them on
We isolate the issue in not between ONT-OLT, the client configured the ip dhcp relay information trusted to allow the DHCP option82 packets on Competitor interface.
1. Make sure that after you configured the OLT, to open Option82 in ONT
2. Verify if there any products between OLT and DHCP server to allow DHCP option82 to pass.