(1) Execute the backup task of Linux components (take the scenario where GaussDB, HDC, WI, and License are deployed as an example): (a) Log in to the Linux component server as the root user. (b) Run the shell command to back up GaussDB, HDC, WI, and License to the /var/vdesktop/backup
directory of the local host, and then upload the backup files to the LogGetter server.
(2) Back up Windows components (ITA,AD,DNS, and DHCP). Take the ITA server as an example.
(a) Log in to the ITA server using a domain account.
(b) Choose Start > Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler
. The Scheduled Task
dialog box is displayed.
(c) Right-click ITABackupTask
and choose Run
from the shortcut menu to run the local backup task.
(3) Log in to the LogGetter server and back up the C:\Loggetter\AutoUploadBackFile\config\BakFileConfig.xml
file (Replace C:\Loggetter as required).
(4) Open the file in notepad, change the value of SendTime
to the backup time, and save the file.
(6) Choose Start > Administrative Tools > Services
to go to the service list and restart Huawei Loggetter.
(7) After the backup is complete, open C:\backupresult\backupresult.xml
in notepad to view the backup result.
(8) If backupresult.xml
contains an item whose Status
, the component backup fails. If Status
of all items is success
, all components are backed up successfully. If Status
of the component whose Role
is failed, the connection to the third-party backup server failed.
(9) Use the backup file to overwrite C:\Loggetter\AutoUploadBackFile\config\BackFileConfig.xml
and restart the Huawei LogGetter service.
2. If the backup fails, collect all logs in C:\Loggetter\AutoUploadBackFile\log
and analyze the logs. If the backup succeeds, alarms of FusionAccess will be automatically cleared the next day.