Publication Date: 2018-10-22 | Views: 502 | Downloads: 0 | Author: m84089093 | Document ID: EKB1001937768
Customer reported an issue when he uses the P2P to multipoint.
- Customer uses 3 sites: Site A, Site B and Site C
- Neither sites uses the mini-MCU feature
- Site B calls Site A and establish a P2P conference
- Site C calls Site A and the following occurs:
Situation A. When they call through H323 ID the conference merges correctly and pass to MCU without any problem, after pressing the "Accept & Merge Conferences" on Site A;
Situation B. When they call through IP address they have found the following issues:
- The conference does not merge to the MCU at all;
- After the P2P conference between Site B and Site A has been established, when Site C calls Site A and Site A press the "Accept & Merge Conferences" option, the Site B disappear from the conference;
- The following message appears on the screen:
- The conference remains only between Site C (the last one that has called) and Site A
- Besides that, on Site A they can see both sites (Site B and Site C on the conference)
In order to further investigate the reported issue we have requested the following information from the customer:
- Videoconferencing endpoints involved in all three sites (model and firmware version)
- Network topology including the elements in the Video conference infrastructure
- Signaling diagnostics extracted from each endpoint involved in the call ( A, B, C) while the issue is being reproduced and the scenario that worked as follows:
A) A and B are already engaged in a call; Site C calls Site A through the H323 ID and merges the conference (Signaling diagnostics captured on all sites A, B, C)
B) A and B are already engaged in a call; Site C calls Site A using the IP address and tries to merge the conference (Signaling Diagnostics captured on site A, B and C to compare)
- Signaling diagnostics exported from the MCU while the issue is being reproduced for both cases A) and B)
We have tried to reproduce the issue in our lab environment using a TE and VP9630 and noticed that using this network architecture multipoint convergen is not possible
The option to Accept and Merge Conference option is greyed out.
We have also requested all the network elements present in his VC architecture:
After we have checked the product documentation regarding the multipoint convergence service it requires the following:
- A Point-To-Point to Multipoint Conference ID configured
- All endpoints are registered on the GK
If the endpoint that initiates a point-to-point to multipoint conference has not been registered with an SC through H.323 the endpoint cannot obtain the value of Point-To-Point to Multipoint Conference ID from the SMC2.0 to initiate the conference
Our MCU product does not support to configure any Point-to-Point to Multipoint Conference ID so there must be an SMC present in the network and the multipoint conference was converged by SMC.
SMC does not support to converge an IP call to multipoint conference.
We cannot dial with IP address when the endpoint was registered on the SC and as such it was not implemented to converge an IP call to multipoint conference.