On the RAID configuration screen of an RH2288H V2, hard disk formatting is terminated before the process is complete. As a result, the hard disk cannot be formatted in the second attempt. The RAID controller card model is LSI SAS2308, and the error information is displayed in the following figure.
1. Visit the open source community and download sg3_utils:
2. Copy the downloaded installation package to the Linux OS for installation.
3. After the installation is complete, the sg_format tool is available in the system. You can use this tool to format the hard disk.
Run the sg_format -F /dev/sdb command to format the hard disk. (Change the drive letter based on the actual situation.)
4. After the formatting is started, do not restart the system or remove the hard disk. Wait until the formatting is complete.
5. After the formatting is complete, the hard disk can be used properly.
Note: During the formatting, you can run the sg_format -F -v /dev/sdX command to query the formatting progress. (If the hard disk is not being formatted, the command starts formatting the hard disk.)
When you use the RAID management screen or the OS to perform low-level formatting on a hard disk, if server restart or power outage occurs before the formatting is complete, the hard disk cannot be formatted again. In the second formatting attempt, the system displays a message indicating that the formatting has failed.
Use the preceding tool to format the hard disk again.
Before low-level formatting is complete, do not power off or restart the server or remove the hard disk.