In this KB we will learn to capture packets in Standalone SC with tcpdump over CLI in Linux system.
Please note that this could be used only for Standalone SC's as they are deployed on RH2285 servers with Linux based operating system.
1. Use the IMANA port of RH2285 to enter the operation system, root/EulerLinux, type TMOUT=0 to avoid automatic logout.
2. Open sshd service to use FileZilla.
Use sftp, port 122, username: root / password: EulerLinux
3. Upload tcpdump utility file to SC server; you can create a file named tcpdump for it such as /home/tcpdump, then enter in that path and execute this commands: chmod u+x ./tcpdump to add rights to the tcpdump utility.
Use the following commands to start capturing packets:
./tcpdump -i any -s 0 -w test.pcap
4. Try to reoccur the issue.
5. After you reoccur the issue, stop the capture in order to not occupy the memory.
Check the progress and kill the progress of capturing action:
6. Please use the same tool to download the .pcap and send it to me via wetransfer.com.