Customer reported an occurrence of signaling error. The problem is as follows: if E1 connections is restored after the loss of connection, signaling link cannot synchronize and it remains in fault state. Signaling link synchronizes only after the reset of the CIU board. Customer requested to investigate the root cause of this occurrence.
In order to further troubleshoot the reported scenario we have requested the following information from the customer:
1. How was the E1 connection lost and how it restored ? Has there any configuration been changed?
2. How did the customer check the signaling link state and E1 connection state? Did he run DSP E1PORT command before reset CIU board?
3. Feedback the alarms, software version and topology.
Customer provided the following information
1. 1. That was an error in transmission path by telco service provider
2. 2. E1 port was checked by DSP E1PORT command, it was „Normal” state
3. 3. SW version is V100R001C10SPC600 with SPH602 patch
As per the below procedure we have also requestes the log collection using including Host log, OMU log, CTOM log, System info, Warning info, M** config and Operate log
In trace can see U2980 receives some signalling link start attempt from the peer device.
From the ptmf you provided, we can see U29 did not receive any SIO message and If U29 does not receive the SIO it cannot continue the next step in communication
We can see that U29 did not receive any SIO message and If U29 does not receive the SIO it cannot continue the next step in communication
Advised customer to reproduce the issue and check the transmission device to investigate why U2980 did not receive any SIO message