Customer reported an issue where one of their Huawei TE30 endpoint device cannot power on most of the time, and when it can be turned on, the fan spins awfully fast and noisy.
In order to further troubleshoot fhe reported issue we have requested from the customer to provide a video/audio recording of the affected TE30 that records the noisy fan so that we may have a clear understanding; firmware version of the unit and also let us know when was this issue first noticed.
After customer provided the video recording we could noticed that on the front indicator of the endpoint there was an error reported and a LED flashing red constantly.
The error reported was ERR F0000002. After checking the product documentation we have found that when the OLED displays shows this error it means that fan stall phenomenon occurred and fan operates beyond its performance limits and flow separation occurs around the blade.
We have performed the recommended steps in order to address the issue however the endpoint could not be recovered
If TE30 OLED display F0000002, you can:
1. Turn Off the power, then restart；if OLED also display F0000002,then 2;
2. Press “MODE” button for 10S, Reset to factory setting, then restart,if OLED also display F0000002, then 3;
3. Telnet login and input "bsp fandebug show" for 5~10 times interval 1 min，name: debug, Password: Change_Me；
4. Use the command "bsp fandebug setspd 0 90" & "bsp fandebug setspd 1 90" to make the two fans running at speed 90；
5. Use the command "bsp fandebug getspd" 3 times interval 1 min, and return the result.
The root cause of this issue was that the TE30 OLED indicator displayed the ERR F0000002
Since after analyzing the provided information conclusion was that the unit is faulty we have proceeded with an RMA.