When a customer uses the Windows 7 system
to access the SSLVPN gateway of the USG firewall, the access fails, and a
message is displayed indicating that the control fails to be installed.
Perform the following steps to locate and
rectify the fault based on the error message displayed when the user logs in to
the SSL VPN:
(1) Check whether the options for installing the Active-X control are enabled
in the security option settings of the Internet Explorer. It is confirmed that
the options related to the Active-X control are enabled. The Internet Explorer
settings are correct.
(2) Check whether the account for logging in to the Windows 7 system has the
administrator permission. It is confirmed that the administrator account is
(3) Check whether the 32-bit browser is used to log in to the SSL VPN. It is
confirmed that the 64-bit Internet Explorer is used. The SSL VPN control does
not support 64-bit browsers. As a result, the login fails.
Both 32-bit and 64-bit Internet Explorer browsers are installed in the 64-bit
Windows 7 system by default. Their installation paths are different:
Installation path of the 32-bit Internet Explorer:
Installation path of the 64-bit Internet Explorer:
In the 64-bit Windows 7 system, use a 32-bit browser to log in to the SSL VPN.
You can run the executable file in the corresponding path.
The possible causes are as follows:
(1) The options for installing the Active-X control in the Internet Explorer
(2) The user who logs in to the Windows 7 system does not have the
(3) The used Internet Explorer is a 64-bit browser. Currently, the firewall
does not support 64-bit browsers.
The Windows 7 system of the user is 64-bit,
and the Internet Explorer browser is 64-bit by default. The SSL VPN does not
support 64-bit browsers. Therefore, the access fails. The user can use the
32-bit Internet Explorer that has been installed in the system by default.
If Windows 7 or later cannot access the SSL VPN, check whether the 32-bit
Internet Explorer is used and whether the SSL VPN supports only 32-bit