The customer received the following alarm in the MM910 of the E9000 : SMM2 Management Port,Transition to non-recoverable from less severe
Fri Nov 2 21:52:07 2018,smm,SMM2 Management Port,Transition to non-recoverable from less severe.Event Code:0X0743FF27, Severity:Assertion, [Critical]Event Code:0X0743FF27
First we have to collect the E9000 MM910 logs to check the issue.
From the logs we found the error code: 0X0743FF27
For HMM versions earlier than 5.77 and HMM versions of 6.05 or later:
Transition to non-recoverable from less severe
For HMM versions of 5.77 or later and HMM versions earlier than 6.05:
Transition to critical from less severe
This alarm is generated when a sensor detects that the data configuration of the network port is incorrect.
This alarm is generated by the following sensor:
From the logs we found that the MM910s are working normally.
Try to plug out and back in the MM910 modules and see if the alarm disappears.
The two MM910 modules can be plugged out together.
The value for smmget –d outportmode is 0, thihis means that the MM910 management module uses the 2X and 3X switch port as output port so we need change it to 1.
After the value has been changed to 1, the ala rm has cleared.
1. Log in to the CLI of the active MM910.
2. Run the smmget –d outportmode command to check the output port mode. Ensure that the value is 1.
3: An MM910 port is used as the output port.
4: A port of the switch module is used as the output port. (If the value is 0,change it to 1.)
5. Check that the management network ports of the active and standby MM910s are correctly connected with network cables.
6. Run the smmset –d outportmode –v 1 command to set an MM910 port as the output port.
Test the active/standby switchover.
7. Run the smmset –d failover –v 1 command to perform a switchover between the active and standby MM910s.
8. On the PC, access the CLI, run the Ping Static IP addresses of the active and standby MM910s command to check whether the PC can properly communicate
with the server.