Customer is having the following settings :
- Normal Mode
- EOD Restart activated
- EOD Restart Delay: 1
Customer is using the following steps to simulate the EOD and to check if after EOD the UPS starts in Inverter Mode :
1. UPS is running in inverter mode (normal mode) and batteries are connected, single input
2. Customer cut OFF mains, UPS switches to battery mode
3. Customer switch OFF the battery breaker (to simulate EOD) and the UPS switches OFF
4. After a few minutes customer switch ON mains and battery breaker
5. The UPS is starting up automatically and works in bypass mode
- The UPS doesn't switch to inverter mode automatically !!!!!
Thank you, best regards
No alarm information.
Analyze the customer steps one by one.
Find that steps 3 (Switch OFF the battery breaker) is not part of the EoD restart process
When customer is switching off the Battery Circuit Breaker, the UPS sees the status of the batteries as "No Battery" and it's not able to restart the UPS in Inverter mode after the Mains are coming back online.
The reason why the UPS is not returning in Inverter mode is the following :
When customer switch OFF the Battery breaker the UPS see this as NO BATTERY connected and not like EOD.
And if no battery connected the UPS can’t ENABLE EOD Restart Parameter and this is why the UPS is restarting in BYPASS MODE.
If customer want to test they can add real load to the batteries, let them discharge and after mains recovery the UPS will start in Inverter Mode if EOD Restart is ENABLED.
Normal Operation Process :