It’s a new project PDU8000-0630ACV4, customer reported PD510 didn’t display current value, voltage and frequency value display normally.
- Simple topology
- According to topology, there are 4 possibilities caused PD510 display current 0 value current.
1. PD510 is broken.
2. Detection signal cable is open circuit.
3. There is really no current crossing CT detector.
4. CT detector is broken.
- Check all possibilities from easy to difficult.
1. We did exchange test for PD510 with other normal one, issue stay at this problem PDU8000.
Conclusion: PD510 is normal.
2. Check Detection signal cable topology. Measure signal cable from terminal 1 to CT detector one by one, make sure it’s conductive, for example,
I1 (terminal1) --> I1 (terminal2) --> XT4-4:2 (terminal2) --> XT2-4:2 (terminal2) --> TA1:S2 (terminal3) --> S2 (CT1)Note: make sure the connection bridge was closed.
Terminal2 pic. (it's at power meter side)
Terminal 3 pic. (it’s at the top side of CT detector)
Connection bridge pic. (it’s inside of terminal2)
From I1 (terminal1) to S2 (CT1) is ok.
From I1* (terminal1) to S1 (CT1) is ok.
From I2 (terminal1) to S2 (CT2) is ok.
From I2* (terminal1) to S1 (CT2) is ok.
From I3 (terminal1) to S2 (CT3) is ok.
From I3* (terminal1) to S1 (CT3) is ok.
Detection signal cable connection is normal.
3. We found customer connect input power cable at incorrect terminal. Cause current didn’t cross the CT.
Wrong connected terminal picture.
Correct connected terminal picture.
Conclusion: Customer connect input power cable at wrong terminal.
Customer connected input power cable at wrong terminal caused current didn’t cross the CT detector.
After customer change input power cable to correct terminal as user manual show, PD510 can display current normally.
<PDU8000 UPS Modular Power Distribution Cabinet V1.0 User Manual>, link https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/doc/EDOC1000108120?idPath=7919749%7C9475817%7C9487733%7C7464602