After the NTP function is configured on the U2000 MSuite, the message "NTP key id not defined" is displayed when I check the NTP status of the Linux system.
NTP Key id not defined。
1. Verify that the server IP address is correct and synchronized on the U2000 MSuite.
2. Verify that the NTP IP address is successfully set on the U2000 MSuite.
3. Run the # ntpq -p command. The error message "Connection refused" is displayed.
4. Run the # rcntp status command. The error message "NTP key id not defined" is displayed.
5. Check the NTP key ID invoked by /etc/init.d/ntp. It is found the key ID is of the controlkey type, which is not configured in /etc/ntp.conf.
6. Add controlkey 1 to /etc/ntp.conf.
7. Run the rcntp start command to start the service. The NTP status can be properly displayed.
# echo "controlkey 1" >>/etc/ntp.conf
# service ntp restart
The NTP key ID invoked by /etc/init.d/ntp is of the controlkey type, which is not configured in /etc/ntp.conf.
Add controlkey 1 to /etc/ntp.conf.
It is recommended that the method for querying the NTP status on the Linux operating system be provided in the product documentation.