An ATM private line is established in a financial organization, and two NE40E-X8s function as access routers. After the related configurations are performed, the two NE40E-X8s fail to ping each other.
1. Check the following configurations on both ends:
(1) Check that the frame format is SDH (by default).
(2) Check that the MTU is not changed.
(3) Check that the interface mode is P2P.
(4) Check that the VPI VCI parameters on both ends are consistent.
(5) Check that the map ip inarp broacast parameter is performed on both ends, and automatic mapping is implemented through InARP.
2. Check that the optical paths of carrier links work properly.
3. Confirm with carrier engineers. It is found that the PVC parameter is inconsistent with that on the carrier side. This inconsistency causes data transmission inconsistency.
The PVC parameter (vpi/vci) of ATM link negotiation ensures only parameter consistency on both ends of the link. If the PVC parameter (vpi/vci) is inconsistent with that of a carrier's access devices, IP packets may be unreachable.
Persuade carrier engineers to change the PVC parameter (vpi/vci).
The PVC parameter (vpi/vci) of ATM link negotiation ensures only parameter consistency on both ends of the link. If the link also includes a carrier's devices, ensure that the PVC parameter (vpi/vci) is the same as that of the carrier's access devices.