Frame freezing and packet loss occur on video terminals connected to the MA5683T, and the monitoring server is intermittently disconnected.
MA5683T version: V800R013C00
Networking: Server---Transmission devices---MA5683T---HG8042---Terminal
1. Check the configuration. Ensure that the configuration is correct. Set the DBA large enough to eliminate bandwidth bottleneck issues.
2. It is suspected that the transmission is faulty. On the OLT, configure a VLANIF address and ping the server/terminal.
The server can be pinged and the terminal cannot. Therefore, the issue is not caused by transmission but by gateways or terminals.
3. Run the display ont info command on the OLT. The command output shows that the HG8042 is running properly and the configuration status is normal.
4. Run the display ont register-info command on the OLT to check the registration records. The HG8042 has not been offline for a long time.
5. Run the display ont optical-info command on the OLT to check whether the optical power of the HG8042 is normal.
6. Run the display statistics ont-line-quality command on the OLT to check whether the line quality bit errors increase. The line quality is normal.
7. Run the display ont port eth-port all command on the OLT to check whether the HG8042 has been offline. The HG8042 is normal.
8. Capture and analyze packets on the HG8042 and upstream port of the OLT.
Packets captured on the ONU show illegal ARP packets from the user side.
MA5683T only sends but not receives ARP packets.
According to the preceding analysis, it is obvious that the ONT reports non-standard ARP packets and the PON port discards the packets directly. Run the security anti-illegal-arp disable command on the MA5683T and the problem is resolved.
By default, invalid ARP detection is enabled on the MA5683T. If an invalid ARP packet is received, the MA5683T discards the packet.
Run the security anti-illegal-arp disable command on the MA5683T to disable packet detection.