eSight generates the timestamp when backing up running configurations of the USG6680.
The timestamp is similar to "!Last configuration was saved at 2018-01-05 22:09:14 UTC."
1. Check the backup task time. The backup task time is several minutes earlier than the time in the timestamp in the configuration.
2. Confirm the mechanism for eSight to back up NE configurations.
Device configuration file backup is a process for eSight to obtain the latest startup configuration file and running configuration files, which does not involve the delivery of the save command. The startup configuration file and running configuration file are automatically generated by the device.
3. Perform tests on the device. The timestamp is generated when you save the configuration and then export the current configuration. However, the maintenance personnel did not save the configuration at the backup time point.
4. Confirm the MIB node for eSight backup. (hwCfgOperateTable)
5. Confirm with the USG device personnel that the device adds a timestamp when the file is generated.
When eSight backs up the USG configuration, the USG generates a configuration file and adds a timestamp to the configuration file. However, the device configuration is not saved.
This is not a problem. No action is required.