In FusionAccess V100R006C20SPC100, user VMs cannot be properly shut down or restarted if file redirection is enabled.
No alarm is generated on the FusionAccess platform.
1. Log in to the customer's virtualization platform and check whether any alarm is generated on the platform.
2. On FusionCompute, check VMs using VNC. Black screens are displayed and no operation can be performed.
3. Log in to the VMs through SCs. The VMs cannot be properly shut down or restarted. They can only be forcibly shut down or restarted.
4. Disable the file redirection policy. VMs can be properly shut down and restarted.
5. Upgrade the AccessAgent to V100R006C20. The fault is rectified.
For FusionAccess V100R006C20SPC100 AccessAgent, file redirection links cannot be automatically disabled after a VM is shut down. As a result, the VM cannot be properly shut down or restarted.
1. Upgrade the AccessAgent to V100R006C20. This problem occurs only in FusionAccess V100R006C20.
2. Resolve this problem in V100R006C20SPC101.