During the installation of RHEL 6.5 on an RH5885 V3 server, the installation is suspended after the CPU and memory components perform self-check.
The RHEL 6.5 installation is suspended in searching for external graphics cards.
1. Use the Xshell tool and log in to the server through SSH. The involved user name and password are root and Huawei12#$, respectively.
2. Run the ipmcset -d clearcmos command to clear the BIOS flash information and change the display mode of the graphics card to Integrated Graphics.
3. Boot the system from the CD-ROM drive to complete the system installation.
The system installation is successful.
1. Though the display mode is changed to Discrete Graphics, the driver of the discrete graphics card is invalid.
2. The onboard integrated graphics card is disabled. As a result, the subsequent installation information cannot be displayed.
1. Log in to the device using the Xshell tool.
2. Run the ipmcset -d clearcmos command to clear the BIOS flash information and change the display mode to Integrated Graphics.
3. Reinstall the RHEL 6.5 system.
1. Do not change the display mode of the graphics card unless you are sure about the driver validity of the external discrete graphics card. Otherwise, the subsequent installation information cannot be displayed.
2. When installing RHEL 6.5 for the first time, you are advised to install the system using the onboard integrated graphics card. After confirming that the driver of the external discrete graphics card functions well, switch the display mode to Discrete Graphics.