1. After the basic city layer and camera layer are released in the ArcGIS, the VCM invokes the two layers, as shown in the following figure.
2. You can view the cameras released on the ArcGIS on the map. The 5 cameras in the left list are synchronized from the VCN. The 5 cameras displayed on the map are released by the ArcGIS camera layer.
3. In this case, if you click the camera icon on the map, a message is displayed, indicating that the service is not enabled or unavailable. That's because the camera layer is not associated with the VCM internal database (Gauss database).
4. Open the GaussDB database management tool pgAdminIII and connect it to the GaussDB database. The user name is vcm and the password is Change_Me. Find the CAMERA table and open it.
The following information is displayed:
The information in the GaussDB database must be consistent with that in camera layer in the ArcGIS map. Pay special attention to the following information: camera SN, longitude, latitude, name, camera status, camera usage, camera type, and ORG_ID.
5. Save the information.
6. Log in to the VCM as the administrator again. You can find that the camera in the camera list on the left is associated with the camera on the map.
7. After you select a camera on the left, the camera on the map associated with the camera is highlighted.
After you select a camera on the map, details about the camera are displayed.