The RH2288 V3 works with the LSISAS3108RAID card. After the hard disk is replaced, the cache of the RAID controller card is not cleared. As a result, creating RAID with the new disk fails. The error message is as follows: Virtual drive creation failed!
1. Upon restarting, launch the RAID controller card configuration screen, select the RAID card, use the left or right arrow key to select VD Mgmt. Then, press F2 to display the drop-down menu, and select ManagePreserved Cache.
2. Choose Manage Preserved Cache, select DISCHARD CACHE, and click YES to clear the cache.
3. Go back to the RAID controller card configuration page and create RAID. RAID is successfully created. No error message is displayed and the hard disk status is Online.
1. Locate the fault. If hard disks cannot be used to create RAID when the SAS3108RAID RAID controller card is used, locate the cause of the RAID creation failure.
2. If the hard disk is faulty, replace the hard disk. If the hard disk is normal, check whether the hard disk is in Buzy state. If yes, change Locate to Stop.
3. If the fault persists, check whether the cache of the RAID controller card is cleared. If yes, clear the cache by performing the preceding operations.
The configuration screen of the LSI SAS3108 RAID controller card is different from that of the LSISAS2208 RAID controller card. However, the working principles are similar. A RAID can be created using new hard disks only after the cache of the RAID controller card is cleared (DISCHARD CACHE). For the LSI SAS2208 RAID controller card, this can be done by directly choosing the Manage Preserved Cache menu. For the LSI SAS3108 RAID controller card, you need to choose the VD Mgmt menu and then press F2 on the keyboard to display the drop-down menu and choose Manage Preserved Cache.