Publication Date: 2019-05-14 | Views: 148 | Downloads: 0 | Author: fWX467084 | Document ID: EKB1100015168
A license fails to be imported on the SMC2.0, and an error message is displayed indicating that the SC is offline.
1. On the device > SC page of the SMC2.0 web interface, it is found that a standalone SC is used and it is online.
2. The license is imported for the SMC2.0, and therefore is irrelevant to the standalone SC. The SMC2.0 does not have an embedded SC, because all devices register with the standalone SC according to the planning.
3. Check the license file to be imported. The license file specifies the number of devices that can register with the embedded SC, in addition to the numbers of users and manageable devices allowed by the SMC. That is, this license file contains license information for both the SMC2.0 and embedded SC.
4. As an embedded SC is not added (that is, the embedded SC is offline), an exception occurs when the license file is being imported.
An embedded SC is not planned. Therefore, no embedded SC is added to the SMC2.0. However, as the license file specifies the authorized number of devices that register with the embedded SC, the license information related to the embedded SC fails to be imported.
1. Add an embedded SC on the SMC2.0 and turn the embedded SC online. Then, import the license again.
2. Alternatively, apply for a correct new license. When doing so, apply for only authorization items related to the SMC2.0, and do not apply for authorization items related to the embedded SC.
For sites that do not use the embedded SC, you are advised not to install the embedded SC during the deployment of the SMC2.0. (When you run the installation script, a message is displayed in a step, asking you whether to install the embedded SC. Enter N so that the embedded SC will not be installed.)