Publication Date: 2019-05-30 | Views: 1280 | Downloads: 0 | Author: xWX465817 | Document ID: EKB1100016979
At a site, 2288H V5 servers are used and one server is configured with 10 hard disks. Two of the hard disks are SSD disks, eight are SAS disks. In addition, two 3508 RAID controller cards can be configured. One is onboard card, which is used to manage hard disks in slots 0 to 7. The other is standard card, which is used to manage hard disks in slots 8 to 9. Multiple onsite servers can identify only the hard disks in slots 8 to 9, the hard disks in slots 0 to 7 cannot be identified.
1. Log in to the RAID controller card configuration screen, only one 3508 card can be identified.
2. The error is reported by multiple servers, so it is unlikely that the RAID controller card hardware is faulty. Collect BMC logs and find that the hard disk identification is normal. However, the RAID controller cards identify only one PCIe card and do not identify the onboard RAID controller card.
3. Log in to the RAID controller card screen. It is found that the status of the onboard RAID controller card is unhealthy.
4. Select and repair the abnormal 3508 RAID controller card. Enter the repair screen, a prompt that indicates the hard disk is lost is displayed.
5. In repair mode, enter c and y to repair the faulty RAID controller card.
6. After the faulty RAID controller card is repaired, the RAID controller cards can be identified.
7. Clear the configuration of the faulty RAID controller card. The fault is rectified.
Removing and installing the hard disks, or modifying the configurations change the RAID information, and cause an error of the 3508 RAID controller card status.
Repair the health status of the RAID controller cards and clear the RAID controller card configurations. The fault is rectified.