Publication Date: 2019-08-05 | Views: 394 | Downloads: 0 | Author: vWX484508 | Document ID: EKB1100024081
Customer has 2 storage 2600 v3 with configured hypermetro. Customer tried both thin and thick lun and cannot map lun to hosts. Device can be added only as RDM.
1) We check how customer presented lun, that he correctly configured everything, added host, create mapping view.
2) Received customer screenshots with steps he made to check whether he made everything correct.
3) On screenshits above found that mapped lun is really hypermetro (actually no difference between it and usual one) and has size nearly 80Tb.
4) Checkd Fusion compute 6.5.1 guide for compatibility and adding datastore procedure. Found that FC 6.5.1 has limitation for lun from 5Gb to 64Tb. Customer made lun bigger then supported, that is why it was available only as RDM.
5) Asked customer to perform test with small lun 10Gb to be sure everything is ok. Customer confirmed problem solved.
Lun size has unsupported value for FC 6.5.1
Customer was adviced to use lun value from 5Gb to 64Tb. Other values can be used only as RDM.
Improve maximum supported value in future versions. 64Tb is already not so much.