License activated successfully on the Master FW but can’t be activated on the backup .
- Checked the device software version and patch :
- Checked the license file and confirmed that the ESN / version is correct .
- Checked the HRP status :
- Checked the Master license and it is successfully activated :
- Compared the 2 (active/standby) licenses resources which is same
- Tested to refresh the license on ESDP and activate with new file but still fail .
- I did debugging while license activation and root cause is validation fail :
- Tested to disable the HRP and activate but still the same issue :
- we tested the license issue in our lab and conclusion is as below :
We found that the license file size uploaded on the firewall is different than the original license file downloaded from the system ( attached )
[the length of license file on the firewall is 3591, but the length I download from ESDP is 3476 ]
The length of license file on the firewall is 3591, but the length I download from ESDP is 3476
1- Delete the old license files from the secondary firewall .
2- Use FTP software server and upload the license to the USG using FTP , with Binary format instead of GUI .
3- Activate the license with below command :
[sysname] license active xxx.dat //xxx is name of the license file
Note : you can copy license file name as below :
Then copy license file name with .dat format