User needs to install nginx from source code on Huawei Taishan server (ARM-based) with CentOS 7.8 (aarch64)
1. Go to “nginx.org > download” and download nginx source code in *.tar.gz archive
2. Use SFTP-client (for example FileZilla) to transfer nginx archive to /tmp directory on Taishan server
3. Unarchive the package:
tar -xf nginx-1.16.1.tar.gz
4. Go to directory with unarchived nginx files and run “configure” script:
If some dependencies are not installed in your system the configure script will fail and tell you which dependencies are need to be installed first.
5. If configure script is finished successfully run following command to compile nginx:
6. Run command to install nginx:
By default nginx will be install to /usr/local/nginx directory
7. Run following command to start nginx:
8. Run following command to make sure nginx process has started successfully:
ps -ef | grep nginx
9. Make sure firewall on your Taishan server allows connection to HTTP port 80 and from other network PC start web browser and go to address:
If “Welcome to nginx!” page is displayed - you have successfully installed nginx on Taishan server.