FAQ - How to implement version upgrade and patch loading at the same time, during ME60 V6R2 version upgrade V6R6 version?
During upgrading, we usually install specified version system-software first and reboot. Then we install the new version patch. It needs to reboot again if a cold patch is installed. These two reboots lead to a longer upgrade time. Therefore, V6R2 version is available with the specified again - carry patch function, which finishs upgrade and patch loading with one reboot only;
1. Upload V6R6 version startup system-software to CF card of master and slave MPU.
2. Upload V6R6 version patch to CF card of master and slave MPU.
3. Specify the next startup system-software of master MPU and slave MPU.
Startup system-software cfcard:/v600r006c00spc100-me-x8x16.cc
Startup system-software cfcard:/v600r006c00spc100-me-x8x16.cc slave-board
4. Specify next startup patch of master and slave MPU:
startup patch cfcard:/v600r006sph002.pat
startup patch cfcard:/v600r006sph002.pat slave-board (this command, the slave MPU to have related file, otherwise warning error)
5. Specify the next patch-state to run. (This command must be executed, otherwise the startup patch cannot be activated after reboot)
patch - state run
To accelerate the speed fo rebooting, you can first finish the upgrade of the boards' bootrom system as follow before upgrade(V6R2 version).
upgrade lpu all cfcard:/v600r006c00spc100-me-x8x16.cc bootrom
upgrade sfu all cfcard:/v600r006c00spc100-me-x8x16.cc bootrom
upgrade mpu all cfcard:/v600r006c00spc100-me-x8x16.cc bootrom