l The MSuite process is not started.
In this case, the MSuite process needs to be restarted.
1. Stop the MSuite process: C:\HWENGR\engineering\stopserver.bat
2. Start the MSuite process: C:\HWENGR\engineering\startserver.bat
l The MSuite client has been started.
If the MSuite client has been started on the VSM server, the database backup must fail.
1. In this case, the MSuite client needs to be exited from the server.
2. During automatic backup or manual backup on a VSM client, you need to ensure that no user has logged in to the MSuite client.
If database backup is performed on a VSM client, you need to ensure that no user has logged in to MSuite.
If database backup is performed by using the backup tool of MSuite, you need to check whether the an automatic database backup task is started or the database is being manually backed up. The database can be backed up by using the backup tool of MSuite after the automatic database backup task or manual database backup is complete.
It is found that 30% of database backup failure results from an started MSuite client.
l The memory or disk space is insufficient.
The available memory of the server is too little (less than 500 MB) or the disk space is insufficient. In this case, services or software that consume a large amount of memory can be stopped. If the fault persists, the server can be restarted.
l If the MSuite process has been started, use the backup tool to check whether the database can be backed up.
1. Start the startclient.sh script, and then enter the user name and password. By default, the user name and password are both admin.
2. Click Back up the data to check whether the database can be successfully backed up.
3. If database can be successfully backed up by using the backup tool of MSuite, but the automatic backup task on the VSM fails, do as follows to manually back up the database on the VSM.
1. Shut down the MSuite client.
2. On the VSM client, choose Administration > Database > Database Backup from the main menu.
3. Set the backup path on the server, and then click Backup. The VSM starts backing up the database. A dialog box is displayed indicating the operation progress.
4. Restart the MSuite process.
After the MSuite process is restarted, back up the database on a VSM client. In most cases, the fault can be rectified after the preceding operations are performed.
It is found that 80% of database backup failure results from the preceding three causes.