1. Connected an optical interface of main control board on USG5500.
2. Changed another optical interfaces, but the status couldn’t be up and the indicator is off.
3. Electrical interfaces were not connected.
4. USG5500 connected with a switch.
1. Checked optical fiber’s integrity. And checked whether optical fiber received the signal from peer end. Watch from one side of multi-mode fiber, if you see the red light, it means the fiber is normal.
2. Checked whether optical fiber matches with optical module model. And checked whether interface support the mode of optical fiber. Multi-mode to multi-mode, single-mode to sing-mode.
3. Checked whether the configurations of two interfaces are same including rate (compulsion or autonegotiation), working mode (duplex, half-duplex or autonegotiation) and port mode (trunk or access).
4. Checked whether receive port and send port are connected right by changing the interface of local end.
5. The optical interface of main control board on USG5500 need to be enabled by using command “combo enable fiber/copper”
1. Port negotiation between two interfaces isn’t same including rate, interface mode, working mode.
2. Receive port and send port are connected inversely.
3. No signal in fiber.
4. Optical interface need to be enabled in command line.
5. Optical fiber and optical module model don’t match.