National Research and Education Network
Education Cloud Data Center
Multi-Channel HD Telemedicine Solution
Over The Top/Multi-Tenant Data Center (OTT/MTDC)
Internet Exchange Point (IXP)
Internet Access Provider (IAP)
Design & Simulation
Planning & Analytics
Oil & Gas IoT
HPC & Operations Management
Digital Urban Rail
Retail Cloud Platform
Enterprise Data Center
Enterprise Cloud Communications
Network Management System
Buy from Huawei
If you want to get more information about your project, you can submit your information and we will contact you as soon as possible.
If your company has signed an eDeal contract with Huawei, please buy your required product/solution via the link below.
Buy from resellers
Search for a nearby reseller and get direct contact information.
Become a Partner
Resources and Support
Huawei Authorized Learning Partner
Huawei Authorized Information and Network Academy
S5700-PWR-SI / LI
IP Phone CP-9971
Cisco CUCM --- Core --- c3750 --- S5700 --- Cisco CP9971 video iphone
Cisco CUCM --- Core --- c3750 --- c2960 --- Cisco CP9971 video iphone
As customer mentioned, all Cisco IP phone 9971 power up by both Cisco PoE switch 2960X and Huawei PoE switch S5700-52TP-PWR-SI in different floor bind to different VLAN, they found the video call is one way video call.
After call setup, IPT connecting Huawei switch could show the video on screen but IP phone connecting Cisco switch was unable to display video on screen that should deliver from Huawei side IP phone, but voice is normal.
Cisco IP Phone screen display:
"The phone is unable to power this accessory"
1. Connect IP phone on test Huawei switch to Cisco switch with same vlan B, initial video call, one way video issue reproduced again.
2. Connect two IP phones on test Huawei switch, video call failure on two IP Phone
1. Checked the poe power and IP phone consumed power on Cisco switch and Huawei switch and found IP phone on Cisco switch drawn almost double power than IP phone on Huawei switch.
2. Cisco 9971 video call poe requirement is 802.3at standard and might require draw over 15.4W power, so we suspected this is power issue
3. Ddouble checked the phone status during video call and found the camera on IP phone connecting Huawei switch was off with no light, but Cisco side IP phone did light up on the camera
4. After rebooted Cisco IP phone on Huawei switch, the phone’s display shows a message once “The phone is unable to power this accessory”.
=============== Cisco poe output =================
Cisco-2960X#sh power inline | i 9971
Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max (Watts)
--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----
Gi1/0/17 auto on 14.4 IP Phone 9971 3 30.0
Gi1/0/25 auto on 19.1 IP Phone 9971 3 30.0
=============== Huawei poe output ===============
[Quidway]dis poe power
Codes: REFPW(Reference power), USMPW(User set max power),
CURPW(Current power), PKPW(Peak power), AVGPW(Average power)
PortName Class REFPW(mW) USMPW(mW) CURPW(mW) PKPW(mW) AVGPW(mW)
GigabitEthernet0/0/1 - - 30000 0 0 0
GigabitEthernet0/0/2 3 15400 30000 7155 7420 7061
Root cause analysis and issue solved:
1. To solve the device does not transmit a specific model of PD of LLDP packets to cause PD does not work
resolved version - V200R003C00SPC300
Involved product model - S2750-EI、S5700-LI、S5700-10P-LI、S5700-X-LI、S5700-SI、S5700-EI、S5710-EI、S5710-HI
3. The equipment is linked to the ability to obtain power through the standard 802.3at PD (Powered Device), PD cannot be normal power
4. Device didn’t negotiate correct power by LLDP packet sent by PD
5. According to PD device’s LLDP packets, TLV contains the corresponding information in LLDP packets
Verification process & solution:
a. lldp dot3-tlv power 802.3at
b. undo lldp tlv-enable med-tlv all
Use power injector or power supply to test if suspecting POE problem for third party poe device