Can't download files with HedEx Lite and a proxy

user_2906081
user_2906081  Junior  (1)
2 months 29 days ago  View: 359  Reply: 5

Hello,

I've got a problem with the Cloud Download feature of HedEx Lite (version V200R006C00SPC007). When I am connected through a proxy server (IP address and port of the proxy server were specified at the login dialog), I am unable to successfully complete downloads.

In the Cloud Download dialog, if I start a new task (using a URL from the support.huawei.com site) the download will start and reach nearly 100%, but it will get stuck close to the end and never complete.

I can see that when the download starts HedEx Lite creates multiple connections through the proxy for the download (i.e. it's downloading the file in multiple slices in parallel); it does all of this successfully through the proxy. However, the download never completes. The same issue does not occur when a proxy is not configured (for example in a different site with open internet access).

Any chance this could be supported?

Alex.Ming
Alex.Ming  Platinum 
2 months 19 days ago

If you use proxy to login,please add download-hk.huawei.com  support.huawei.com  and  uniportal.huawei.com to your IE setting and firewall white list,then restart hedex lite and  creat a new download task to check it.

154609wux0txquwsdx8fdm.png

user_2906081
user_2906081  Junior 
2 months 19 days ago
Hello,

I'm afraid in the office I'm in, I'm not in the position where I can create an exception. All traffic has to go through the proxy (i.e. a direct connection is not available).

Regards,
Bob
user_2906081
user_2906081  Junior 
1 month 25 days ago
Hello,

Any response to this?

Regards,
Bob
Johnson_Song
Johnson_Song  Medium 
27 days 8 hours ago
Your VPN problem, ask your IT
user_2906081
user_2906081  Junior 
22 days 16 hours ago
VPN? Johnson_Song, I haven't mentioned VPN once.

It's not an IT problem. The software selectively decides whether it wants to use a configured proxy or not. In an office with mandatory use of an http/https proxy, the connections HedEx Lite attempts to make directly to the Internet without going through the proxy will (and obviously should) fail.

Does anyone here actually support HexEx Lite issues here or is this just a community drop in?

Regards,
Bob