Introduction to PPPoE Application

mhkabir1952  Diamond  (1)
6 years 7 months ago  View: 1359  Reply: 4

PPPoE is widely used in ADSL broadband access applications. Generally speaking, a host must be installed with PPPoE client dialing software in order to access the Internet via ADSL. The Eudemon serves as PPPoE Client (namely the PPPoE client dialing function) while Eudemon supplies PPPoE Server function, by which the user can access the Internet without installing client dialing software on his PC. Moreover, all PCs on the same LAN can share the same ADSL account.

Figure 1: Typical PPPoE networking diagram

As shown in, Figure 1, PCs in the Ethernet are connected with the Eudemon. PPPoE Client runs on the Eudemon. On-line data reach the Eudemon before being encapsulated via PPPoE. The ADSL Modem that is attached to the Eudemon reaches ADSL access server and finally access the Internet. In this way, the Internet accessing is realized without additionally installing PPPoE client dialing software by the user.

In addition to the functions of PPPoE server, Eudemon can serve as a PPPoE Client.

foisal  Gold 
6 years 7 months ago
useful post
thaidh_vms4  Medium 
5 years 3 months ago
I used to configurated ADSL, Now I know PPPoE. But I want to know much PPPoE information
thaidh_vms4  Medium 
5 years 7 months ago
It is very good for me
user_2837311  Diamond 
2 years 9 months ago
useful document, thanks