How do you route MPLS?

[复制链接]
selim.hasan   钻石会员    发表于 2014-5-24 20:08:05   最新回复:2018-06-07 12:41:09

After setting up MPLS, you have this fully meshed network between all remote sites. Thats great, but how do you route between
all of these sites?

You do so with a routing protocol. You can use either static routes (not a preferable choice when you have more than a few
sites) or a dynamic routing protocol such as EIGRP, OSPF, or BGP. With a dynamic routing protocol in place, every site can learn about the LANs at every other site, and you have a fully meshed and converged network.

Of course, theres usually a catch. In this case, its that your MPLS provider involvement in the process is essential. As I
mentioned, this is an all-IP network, which means that—unlike when using frame relay—some other Layer 2 protocol isnt encapsulating your IP packets.

With frame relay, the providers frame-relay switches swap the frame packets based on data link connection identifier (DLCI)
numbers. The switches dont look at the IP information, nor do they need to.

But this isnt the case with MPLS. The switches look at the IP source and destination of the packets because their IP routers
are critical IP routers on your network. That means they must participate in whatever routing protocol you choose. Because, if theyre routing packets for you, they must have your routes.

跳转到指定楼层
Ronney   钻石会员    发表于 2014-5-30 03:40:36

Really good post.

benjamin.omeke   钻石会员    发表于 2014-5-30 04:30:08

great Post.
Armetta   钻石会员    发表于 2014-5-29 18:17:38

documentation very useful for my job

shain   金牌会员    发表于 2014-5-29 22:38:17

very useful document for my regular O& M activity. Thanks.
user_2837311   钻石会员    发表于 2018-6-7 12:41:09

useful document, thanks
Have a nice day
快速回复 返回顶部